Be a part of the Oldest ski race in America!
This Saturday, February 23rd, NEMS is back in action at Mittersill for the 82nd Hochgebirge Cup Challenge.
Mittersill is rich in New England ski history, going back to the 1930s, and was recently re-opened and has been designated as a training site for the U.S. Ski Team. Directions can be found by clicking here!
$55 you get a ticket and two race runs! The Hochgebirge Challenge is a full length Giant Slalom that will take place on the Taft trail at Mittersill. Anyone who has raced in the Hochgebirge Challenge in previous years can tell you just how much fun this course is, and it is great for all levels of racers.
Bottom line, this will be an exciting day, so don’t miss out!
Want to make this race even more fun & exciting? create a team to compete for some legendary awards!
Awards For the Day:
- Fastest Team (GIANT TROPHY, see photo below: Hochgebirge Challenge Cup)
- Fastest All-Female Team (Harding Trophy)
- Old Person Team
- Fastest Male (Alex Bright Award)
- Fastest Female (Clarita Heath Bright Award)
- Team Class Winners
- Fastest 3 in Each Class (Individual Awards)
- All racers need to wear a hard-sided helmet. If you do not have a hard-sided helmet please contact Derek Griggs (R.Sports.NH@comcast.net) and we will work to find you one.
- This will be a USSS sanctioned race, and therefore all racers will need a USSS license. If you don’t have one NEMS will comp the $20 fee, however, you will need to arrive to the mountain early to fill out the form with our Race Administrator, Lucy Blake. It will take only a couple of minutes.
- Speed suits are NOT required. If you don’t have one, or just don’t feel like wearing one, no problem! Just show up and have fun!
Team Rules: Teams can be made up of any mix of age or gender, but the class awards are dedicated by the age of the youngest team member. The trophies are displayed at the New England Ski Museum in Franconia, NH. Be a part of history! Bring the form found at this link to registration with $20 (donation to the Hochebirge Club for hosting us).
PARTY: An epic after party at the Hochgebirge Hilton will start at 3pm. Located just up the road from Cannon, the Hochgebirge Hilton is one of the most well-known ski houses in New England. There will be lots of food, drinks and plenty of swag and prizes – including a new pair of race skis from our sponsor, Artech. You need to be there to win, so come by after the race, have a beer, grab some grub and brag about how awesome your run was…you might just win a new pair of skis.
If you have any other questions about the race please contact Matt Mitsis (firstname.lastname@example.org).